How to remove Autorun.inf file?Follow the steps below to remove Autorun.inf from Pendrive:
1.) Open Notepad and do not write anything in it. Go to File > Save as autorun.inf
2.) Copy the blank autorun.inf file that you have created in the above step and paste it in your “Pen Drives”
3.) Remove your pendrive.
4.) Re-insert your PC. Now your pendrive is safe to use.
1.) Download Panda USB Vaccine which allows users to vaccinate their PCs in order to disable autorun completely so that no program from any USB/CD/DVD drive can auto-execute.
2.) Download Flash_Disinfector.exe and save it to your desktop.
• Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
• The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone.
• Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
• Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
• Reboot your computer when done.
Flash Disinfector will remove any autorun.inf files; create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don’t delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.